Once upon a time, a dreamer decided to combine the two things she loved most – music and words – to create a force of knowledge and exploration.
Having been a pianist for most of my life, I find music everywhere. And after my unsuccessful attempt in third grade to become “a writer,” I turned to music as a tool for communication. But you know something? Music and words and life belong together. This is just my attempt to make sense of that.
Some Facts About Me
- I have a bachelors degree in music (emphasis in piano performance) from Oregon State University
- I’ve been playing the piano for 18 years
- I LOVE history!
- I didn’t start composing seriously until my last year of college, but:
- I did enjoy improvising hymn arrangements in church when I was in high school, and I occasionally arranged hymns for my church choir to sing
- Nothing brings me more joy than sharing what I love (and chocolate)
Thanks for stopping by!
Click here to send A Pianist’s Musings directly to your inbox, and see you soon!